documents required to apply for usa
After you have chosen a university where you want to study. Next step is to get admission there. Once you have got admission that university will send you Certificate for that. Then you are eligible to apply for USA student visa.
If you have not decided what university to choose. Here is a complete guide Article of Top Universities and Colleges of USA and their ranking.
If you don’t know how to get admission in a US university, here is a complete guide Article about How to apply for admission in US university.
To apply for an F or M visa, you must submit the following:
1. A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form. Here is DS-160 Form and for more information about this form visit DS-160 Details.
2. Photographs in soft and hard copy, taken within the last six months with specifications:
i. Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image's total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
ii. Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
iii. Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
iv. With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
v. Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
· No Hats, Uniform, Tinted Lenses glasses, Headphones and Glare on glasses
3. A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
4. A receipt showing payment of your $160 non-refundable nonimmigrant visa application processing fee paid in rupees.
a. If a visa is issued, there may be an additional visa issuance reciprocity fee.
b. The Department of State’s Website can help you find out if you must pay a visa issuance reciprocity fee and what the fee amount is.
5. Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status:
a. Your school/university will send you a SEVIS-generated Form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database.
b. If you intend to reside in the United States with the student, must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS).
6. Your academic preparation, such as:
a. Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools and colleges you attended.
b. Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school.
7. Your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study.
8. Bank statement will be required to prove your financial situation is enough strong to bear your expenses.
9. Documents will be required to show if you have got any scholarship.
10. After completing visa interview you will get your visa within three weeks, in case of any delay, do contact to the embassy. Here are some USA Student Visa Interview Questions for preparation.
11. Now that you know about all requirements, here is a guide for USA Study Visa Process.