Russia Student Visa
There are more than 600 universities and hundreds of private institutes in Russia offering educational facilities to international students. There are many undergraduate options for study in Russia for international students. Russia is now been a member of European Higher Education Area, this mean that the Russian educational institute had now begun to provide the western standard education in its institutes.
To be eligible for study in Russia, the person had to send apply for any particular course at a Russian educational institution; this will help you get a secure place in the Russian educational institute. When you had once applied with the completely filled admission form along with the document required with the application form, they will then send you an official invitation, if you are up to the mark of the course you had applied for. This invitation letter is a basic and most important key part of your Russian student visa application.
After the final confirmation from the college and receiving the acceptance letter from the college the applicant has to apply for the visa in the Russian consulate located in their home country.
For submitting the visa application form you need to fill up the application from as well as attach the document required for processing the application. The application process and documentation list defined below is for single entry visa,
- To obtain a student visa you should submit the visa application form filled up completely
- Valid National passport with at least 2 blank pages for visas.
- Two professional photos on a white background.
- Document showing the purpose of your visit
- Your recent diploma or educational certificate,
- A confirmation paper of the payment directly from the University or College,
- Proof that you had paid your tuition fee and other basic fees to the college you are going to study in.
- Written proof from the college as you letter of acceptance- it should be on the letter head of the college and should clearly mention the college name and other basic details.
- Official HIV (AIDS) Test Certificate.
- Proof showing that you have some amount with you to help your stay in Russia.
How to appply
Student visa is issued only for students, who come to Russia for study purpose. This is the best visa type of stay in Russia but you will get it only when you are registered in the university/college in Russia. Getting yourself enrolled to Russian college need the simple step of applying in your desired course and getting the approval letter.
After getting the letter from the college/university you had to apply for the visa registration in Russian consulate or embassy at your area. Once you had submitted you visa application along with all the documents required for the processing you will be updated soon as your application is processed. If your get approval, you will receive a copy of visa.
When you reach Russia you will need a registration over there. The process for visa registration is very easy you will just need your passport with Russian visa and migration cards (that you get at the border) and the university’s “foreign department” will submit your documents to immigration officials to register your visa.
The process of registration takes almost a week time to get completed. Normally, the registration can be done for the period of your visa; but in case if not , it will be relatively easy to prolong it if you’re still studying in the university.
Student Visa is issued within 3 to 10 days and is valid for single entry only. For single entry the visa fee for 10 days is around $70 as for as for 3 working days processing of visa the fee is 140$.
Visa processing will not start until the consulate had received the necessary documents.